Forum:Can we be more proxy-friendly?
Well, due to some political issues in Hong Kong, there's an increasing demand of accessing the Internet from Hong Kong with proxies. More than that, the Great Firewall seems to started establishing in Hong Kong, thus encouraging even more people to start using proxies to access the Internet. (and there may be a medium-to-high possibly for Uncyclopedia getting blocked in Hong Kong) However, the current Uncyclopedia server systems seems not be proxy-friendly, and I received reports that certain proxies and Tor outbound nodes are blocked by Cloudflare, and display the error 1005 message on the right. (and some users even report that they lost their edits due to this issue) Is it possible to adjust the blocking rules so that Uncyclopedia (at least for some branches/languages) can be more proxy-friendly?--Abcabc2 (talk) 17:31, 8 January 2021 (UTC)
- I will contact Carlb on this subject. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3 344 preppiedits 20:19, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I don't remember it well but I don't know if the Taiwan version is independent or an alternative version. If you are independent, could you tell me if you have the same problem as in the Hong Kong version? Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3 344 preppiedits 20:29, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I am sorry for the inconvenience but I was active exclusively at UnCommons due to vandalism attacks and I stayed away from all other activities in the other wikis. I forwarded an email to Carlb about the problem. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3 344 preppiedits 04:46, 16 January 2021 (UTC)
Some users expresses concerns about the .hk domain will be taken down due to HKIRC is establishing new regulations on domain registrations, and the content of the site is violating the national security law of Hong Kong. Will any action be taken on this? Also, some of our users are using Tor to view and edit the zh-tw/zh-hk Uncyclopedia and suggests we giving an .onion domain in order to make our site be more Tor-friendly.
As I know, there are at least five domains pointing to this partiular Uncyclopedia (not sure if some of them are offical or not):
- https://xn--czq75pvv1aj5c.org (偽基百科.org)
- http://encyclopedia.tw (redirects to the .tw domain)
And I know at least two domains exist for the unactive Cantonese Uncyclopedia:
I think that only Carlb can answer him but I am also obliged to question whether, in case the National Security Law has been causing problems, have you accessed some of these domains without falling into a state blockade? Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3 344 preppiedits 06:09, 17 January 2021 (UTC)